|I'll have a meringue...and a cigarette, please|
In honor of Kansas City's tradition of great desserts, we bring you a new contest. The commenter who correctly answers all five questions by noon tomorrow, Friday, April 16, will win a vintage cookbook, The Joys of Jello.
Be warned: This contest is a hard one.
1. What Plaza restaurant has served chocolate mousse for dessert for more than two decades? (And yes, it's still offered even though it's not "officially" on the current dessert menu.)
2. What downtown restaurant is currently offering "Drunken Strawberries" for dessert?
3. Which Johnson County restaurant's signature sweet is a triple layer of puff pastry filled with vanilla custard topped with Chantilly cream, shaved chocolate and fresh fruit?
4. Which famous hotel dining room, now nearly forgotten, served a signature sundae made with crushed macaroon cookies?
5. Which midtown tea room offers the luscious Matterhorn on its pastry tray?