1. Make someone cry -- if you can score one of the few spots available to interview a family member on the StoryCorps bus while it's in Brookside and the recording gets played on NPR someday.
2. Run for a good cause. The first Hopkins, Skip and Run Memorial 5k
is set for Saturday morning at Rockhurst University. Registration money
goes to a scholarship fund in the name of homicide victim Nelson
3. Road trip to Warrensburg. That's where the Show Me Social Justice International Film Festival happens through Sunday.
4. Dance in the park. Or, just watch other people do it. City In Motion Dance Theater brings its annual free production to Roanoke Park on Saturday.
5. Enjoy some sausage-free dinner theater. Vegan restaurant Cafe Seed hosts a play about the female experience this weekend and next.
6. Support local artists. Tons of 'em are setting up temporary shops at Art Westport through Sunday.
For more ways to fill your time, see pitch.com/calendar.