1. Laugh at a native-ish son. January Jones' boyfriend -- famous funnyman Jason Sudeikis, who grew up in Overland Park -- performs at the Kansas City Improv Festival tonight and Saturday with the group Der Monkenpickel.
2. See some censored art. Chinese artists the Gao Brothers show off at the Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art what they can't in their home country.
3. Support NORML-cy. Hemp Fest 2010 brings music and bud support to
Swope Park, courtesy of the Kansas City Chapter of the National
Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws.
4. Be like a moth. WaterFire draws a crowd to Brush Creek with floating
flames and fire dancers.
5. Indulge in some drama. Local stages are full of new
productions. See one.
For more weekend distractions, see pitch.com/calendar.