1. Last weekend was for the ghouls, but a macabre vibe lingers over some First Friday happenings like the Doll Bones exhibit at Slap &Tickle Gallery and a couple Day of the Dead-themed parties.
2. Comedian Josh Wolf should look familiar to Chelsea Lately fans. He does a weekly spot on the late night talk show, but you can catch him at Stanford's Comedy Club through Saturday.
3. Forget pie, the best way to eat pumpkin is raw and with paws. The animals at the Kansas City Zoo know. During Saturday's 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Great Pumpkin Smash, river otters, a gorilla, tigers and the Zoo's new polar bear will take turns tearing into some orange goodness.
4. Wear your sunglasses at night. You might need them during Essence of Color, an eye-melting explosion of art, fashion and music, kicked off by a laser light show, at Beaumont Club on Saturday night.
5. Throw down for reproductive rights. Tickets for the cocktail party at Club 1000 celebrating the 75th Anniversary of Planned Parenthood of Kansas and Mid-Missouri start at $175. But considering the GOP's election day wins, anyone with the money and a pro-choice mindset would be making a wise contribution.
For more weekend amusement options, see pitch.com/calendar.