The basic grilled cheese sandwich is anything but fancy. It requires little more than two slices of bread, sliced cheese and butter -- and a frying pan. But what other sandwich has sold for $28,000 after a woman claimed to have seen the image of the Virgin Mary on its surface?
There are famous cultural references to grilled cheese sandwiches. We've provided five questions on the subject. To find the answers, go to the Fat City Facebook page.
1. Was there ever a movie called Grilled Cheese Sandwich?
2. What 1990s sitcom featured this line: "I walk alone in this world. Alone I walk. Except for the grilled cheese sandwich in my pocket."
3. What was the largest grilled cheese sandwich ever constructed?
4. What TV show featured the most expensive grilled cheese sandwich in New York City?
5. True or false: A grilled cheese sandwich is a major plot device in the 1999 comedy, Deuce Bigalow, Male Gigolo.