5. The Farmhouse (300 Delaware) — The River Market restaurant has an ongoing Wednesday special (call ahead to make sure it's on the menu) of $1 oysters and half-price champagne. It's the chance to be a Rockefeller, even if it's only for a night.
4. Christopher Elbow (1819 McGee) — The chocolatier has a new dark drinking chocolate with molasses topped with homemade marshmallows. It's inspired by his latest seasonal line that includes a piece of dark chocolate with brown butter molasses.
3. The Majestic (931 Broadway) — Go in for your version of a power lunch with a buffalo burger and hand-cut fries. Since Ted's Montana Grill closed, it's been hard to find a proper buffalo burger downtown. The Majestic fills the void.
2. Pandolfi's (538 Campbell) — Mondays are now Muffaletta Mondays at the Columbus Park deli. The New Orleans-inspired sandwich with black forest ham, salami, mortadella and provolone with the house green-olive tapanade is just $6 on the day that most of us are headed back to work.
1. Happy Gillis (549 Gillis) — Beer cheese is made not far from Pandolfi's. Happy Gillis has been playing around with a rich and tangy Boulevard beer cheese (Double-Wide I.P.A. at its base). A recent special featured ham, red onion and beer cheese on semolina white. Check the sandwich shop's Twitter feed to see if it's the daily special.