5. Pick your own - Schwinn Produce Farm (32263 179th St.). The Leavenworth produce stand and pick-your-own operation has strawberries right now at $2.50 per pound. The farm is open from 1 to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
4. Strawberry shortcake cupcake - Mud Pie Vegan Bakery & Coffeehouse (1615 W. 39th St.). It's a touch sweet for me, but this is one of the dishes that will make you think, 'yeah, I could eat vegan.'
3. Citron crepe - Chez Elle (1713 Summit). It's lemon curd, strawberries and whipped creme. A dessert you'll have every intention of sharing, until ... you don't.
2. Strawberry basil macaron - Bloom Baking Co. (15 E. Third St.). The City Market bakery makes good use of fresh fruit. You'll find strawberries in cakes, pastries and macarons.
1. Spinach salad - The Classic Cookie (409 W. Gregory). If all salads were like this, we would eat more salads. The spinach salad with green onions, walnuts, strawberries and house-made poppy seed dressing is one of the nice lunch treats at the popular Waldo brunch spot.
Who else is doing a good job of using strawberries in a dish or drink?