5. The Jerk - Twinkies. Steve Martin's favorite meal is tuna fish on white bread with mayonnaise, a Tab and a couple of Twinkies.
4. Ghostbusters - Twinkies. The increased ghost sightings in New York are explained via something we can all wrap our mouths around: the Twinkie. Ernie Hudson just says what we are all thinking.
3. Zombieland - Twinkies. Amid Bill Murray cameos and zombie slayings, Woody Harrelson's character is seeking Twinkies with a Grail-like fervor. "Believe it or not, Twinkies have an expiration date," Harrelson says. "Someday life's little Twinkie gauge is going to go empty."
2. Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby - Wonder Bread. The Wonder Bread car is one-half of Shake 'n Bake and perhaps no greater shorthand for America.
1. Die Hard - Twinkies. It's the snack cake that Bruce Willis turns to when he needs energy to fight off terrorists. Add in the loving recitation of the ingredients by Reginald VelJohnson Jr. in this walkie-talkie buddy-cop movie and you've got a lasting homage to Twinkies.