Yep, it's cold outside. That makes us think about hot drinks. Here are the metro's Top 10 non-alcoholic warm-ups, according to Fat City:
10) Arrowhead Stadium -- Hot Chocolate. There's something about concession-stand hot chocolate: It's the right amount of sweetness and chalkiness that makes you feel like a kid again.
9) Madame Hatter's Tea Room -- Kansas City once had a
dozen little tea rooms like this retro venue in Bonner Springs,
mostly designed for ladies after a weary day of rigorous shopping.
Here, you can have your choice of hot tea, a tasteful little lunch and
a trip back in time all at once.
8) Tea Drops -- China White Peach Hot Tea. A light crisp white tea (by the mug or pot) is basically a hot cup of relaxation.
7) One More Cup -- Satisfy your sweet tooth and get a needed caffeine fix with the Curious George: It mixes a shot of espresso with Shatto chocolate and banana milks.
6) Mildred's Coffeehouse -- Lattes here are the perfect balance of hot milk and coffee for rainy, cold days.
5) Hot Basil The
new Thai restaurant in the Rosana Square Shopping Center serves a
fragrant and soothing cup of jot jasmine tea with a slightly vanilla
4) Le Fou Frog
-- Chicory Coffee Blend. This signature coffee blend made by The
Roasterie has a hint of chocolate for ending a meal with or without
3) Jasper's Restaurant -- We're
pretty sure this is the perfect cup of espresso: elegantly simple, just
as you'd find it in a romantic cafe on the Via Tournabuoni in Florence
(even better with a slice of Strawberry Borghese cake).
-- Nothing captures the essence of the brisk, cool days of autumn like
a cup of hot apple cider. This venue serves the beverage through the
first week of November.
1) Christopher Elbow Hot Chocolate -- Liquid gold in a cup.
(Image via Flickr: Pausestill)