|The Truman Home: Look, but don't eat....|
Independence also has more than its share of interesting restaurants, past and present. The first Fat City reader to answer the following contest questions in the Comment section will receive a copy of Giles Fowler's Death on Pleasant Street, the story of Independence's most famous murder -- of millionaire philanthropist Colonel Thomas Swope. The contest ends at midnight on Thursday, February 18.
The questions follow the jump.
1. What was the name of Loyd and Les Stephenson's place?
2. The staff at this iconic place still makes homemade root beer. What's the name?
3. Before it was a restaurant, it rolled on wheels. What is it?
4. Name the Independence restaurant named after a famous Shakespeare character.
5. This famous Independence sweet shop was a Crown Drug store back when Harry Truman worked there. But you can still get a great chocolate malt there. Can you name the venue?