5. One80 -- Basil pesto mashed potatoes. A shock of flavor and color, although the green hue seems appropriate this time of year. These bold mashed potatoes are worth ordering as a side.
4. Jess and Jim's Steak House -- Twice Baked Potato. The size of footballs, they have crackly crusts and creamy, buttery, heart-stopping insides.
3. La Bodega -- Judias Verdes. Chilled green beans, roasted potatoes and figs in a walnut-fig dressing -- this is the perfect way to say goodbye to winter.
2. Zest -- Chef Linda Duerr's take on latkes is one of the few potato pancakes still to be found in the city. Prepared with Yukon gold potatoes, Vidalia onion, green apples and English cheddar cheese they're fancy but satisfying.
1. The Classic Cookie -- Spuds are a staple on any Midwestern breakfast plate, but regulars at the Classic Cookie swear its crispy, delicious pan-fried taters are the best in town. The secret? Bacon grease.
[Image via Flickr: lovelypetal]