|TV dinners were made for show like these|
Restaurants always make great set pieces for dramatic or comedy scenes. It's been years since I've seen a re-run of the old Happy Days, but it seems that an abundance of the scenes were taped on the Arnold's Drive-In set. Another sitcom, also airing the 1970s, was the Linda Lavin vehicle Alice, primarily set in Mel's Diner.
For this week's Fat City contest, we think back to a few other restaurants that were important to TV shows of the past. The first commenter to correctly guess all five questions before midnight Thursday, March 18, will win a vintage copy of the Parkay Margarine Cookbook -- a flashback from 1980!
1. What TV series was located at an address next to Dino's Lounge?
2. What sitcom frequently used an exterior shot of the real-life Tom's Restaurant in New York City (it had a different name on the show)?
3. What daytime drama frequently has characters gathering at Al's Diner?
4. What sitcom character opened a restaurant called The Happy Gizzard?
5. What classic sitcom featured the real-life daughter of a TV star playing the fictional daughter of an over-protective restaurant owner?