|I'll have a Zombie, please|
1) The legendary Marilyn Maye was discovered -- by Tonight Show host Steve Allen -- singing in the old Colony Steakhouse at 35th and Broadway. Maye, now 80, will soon appear at Jardine's after receiving rave reviews for her last New York City club dates.
2) In the 1950s, Esquire wrote that the El Casbah Room in the Bellerive Hotel on Armour Boulevard -- the hotel is still standing but not a trace remains of the El Casbah -- had "climbed onto the roster of nationally noted dine, wine and dance rooms."
3) The Magic Carpet Cocktail Lounge was located in the Four Winds Restaurant of the old downtown Kansas City Airport.
4) The Hotel Phillips was the setting of The Tropics cocktail lounge.
5) A restaurant at 444 Westport Road called The Raisin Rack -- which no one seems to remember -- served the cocktail known as "The Farmer's Daughter."