A man orders a Double Whopper with cheese, onion rings and a small drink. He pays. He looks down at his receipt. He then notices that his receipt has a two-word printed message, "F*ck You." The Internet goes crazy.
Offensive messages on receipts are old hat. (The Consumerist has a collection of horror stories from the past few years.) It would be much more interesting if receipts instead gave us a bit of insight into the machinations behind the drive-through. As such, here are the top five things a fast food receipt should say.
5. Yes, I did forget the sauce or change you requested. But it is not because I don't like you, it is because I am simply disinterested in doing my job.
4. You will eat this fast enough that even if I did forget the sauce, you probably won't care.
3. Nobody likes people that order no ice. Even though it is the economically smart decision and what we should all do to get more drink in our cup. Just let the soda machine do it's robotic job.
2. You will occasionally find beef in your chicken sandwich. Please consider this a bonus, rather than a mistake, as beef is actually a more expensive ingredient.
1. I know you're probably in a hurry and that's why you're here, but you will regret this later.
[Image via Flickr: justinbaedar]