They likely won't have to cater the Christmas party at Barkley this year. According to The Kansas City Star, the Kansas City-based advertising agency has secured the On the Border account, only a few weeks after announcing that they'd be heading up a new campaign for Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc.
Because we're good neighbors, Fat City shared a few ideas for Krispy Kreme (expect to see the doughnut waterfall or cheeseburger this fall). And I thought we might as well lend our food expertise to the On the Border account. So here are five new directions that an OTB (that's On the Border, not off-track betting) campaign might take.
5. No slo-mo queso. Four seconds into this spot, a taquito or other tiny fried appetizer is dipped into a hot bowl of queso. It's just long enough that you start to think about what you're eating, and when it comes to queso dip, you want to avoid cognitive dissonance.
4. Cherish your victory over Chi-Chi's. You won, On the Border. You vanquished Chi-Chi's. That means you are entitled to anything you want from them. Relish this victory. Let the American people know why you won.
3. Live guacamole. There's an artistry to tableside guacamole. On the Border could paint a beautiful picture about the one thing I can remember about its menu, besides the endless enchiladas.
2. Sammy eats dessert. Poor Sammy just wants to eat his dessert, but his mom keeps stealing bites. Family friendly? Check. Cute kid? Check. Funny concept that could be repeated until it was drained of the humor? Definitely.
1. $240 worth of queso. Levon and Barry are ready to get back in the game. And the world is ready for $240 worth of