No, we're not promoting adultery here in Fat City. Gluttony, maybe, adultery ... no. But some people, you know, are simply going to break the seventh commandment, no matter what. And once that decision has been made, the guilty parties have to meet for a drink or an intimate dinner in a dark and secluded place where there's no chance of running into an unsuspecting spouse or, worse, the neighborhood bigmouth.
Here are a list of ideal dining spots in which to meet to have a glass of wine and discuss the possibility of an affair. Or be talked out of having one.
5. Streetcar Named Desire in the Crown Center Complex. It's not only dark and cozy and -- depending on the time of day -- not terribly crowded, but the very name of the place evokes a certain wanton sexuality.
4. The Westport Flea Market is also dimly lit, sort of raucous, and no one questions or cares if you're dining with your spouse, Kate Middleton or Charlie Sheen. No one gives a damn.
3. North has the advantage of being one of the noisiest restaurants in the metro. Your own mother could be sitting at an adjoining table and not hear a word you're saying.
2. R Bar & Restaurant in the West Bottoms. The very back booth in the dining room couldn't be more discreet. And the servers are, too.
1. Rumors Steakhouse at 4835 N.E. Lakewood Way in Lee's Summit has a softly lit dining room with big, comfortable booths. And it's such an unlikely venue, no one you know will suspect a thing. Most people haven't even heard of the place yet.