5. Bourbon-braised pork belly at the Farmhouse (300 Delaware). This Sunday brunch dish comes with stuffed roasted cauliflower, stuffed rabbit saddle and a rosemary pumpkin puree. It's the kind of belly warmer that makes you glad winter has arrived.
4. Milk-braised pork at the Blue Moose Bar & Grill (4160 W. 71st St., Prairie Village). Pork braised in milk and then served over skin-on mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus. All of that is then topped with a "rich pork pan sauce."
3. Krizman's kielbasa pierogies at Pieroguys Pierogies (307 Main). The potato pouches are filled with the KCK staple along with sauerkraut and mustard. This might be what heaven is like for Germans.
2. Pork and ricotta meatballs at the Rieger Hotel Grill & Exchange (1924 Main). The meatballs from the bar menu are poppable, perhaps the first recorded instance of meat candy.
1. The Schweinebraten from Grunauer (101 W. 22nd St.). Roasted pork loin with braised red cabbage and bread dumplings. (If you like stuffing, you'll be happy.) It's basically Austrian Thanksgiving every night in the Freight House.