5. Gram & Dun (600 Ward Parkway) — Not So Standard Potato Chips. The house-made chips come with a trio of ketchups: vanilla bean, guacamole, and blood orange-habanero. Some win for originality, some for taste.
4. Paciugo Gelato (11433 W. 95th St.) — A hacked version of a Chipwich using gelato might be too rich for you, but the cool citrus from the gelato stand in the Oak Park Mall has the right bit of tartness.
3. Zocalo (620 W. 48th St.) — Blood Orange Frozen Margarita. The drinks are the draw at the new-ish spot for Mexican fare on the Plaza. The Blood Orange frozen margarita is made with tequila, blood orange puree and Pama pomegranate liqueur.
2. SPIN! (multiple locations) — The Sonoma salad (red leaf and spinach with grapes, raisins, apples, goat cheese, and chopped glazed pecans) comes with a blood orange vinaigrette that is tangy and bright.
1. The Drum Room (1335 Baltimore) — Brown butter cake served with blood orange syrup, banana cream and dulce de leche. For those who hate chocolate but love sweet desserts, this one's a love letter.