To those who want to have the same allure as Hoffman, Fat City presents to you five iced coffee drinks to ease the pain of summer.
5. Hi Hat (5012 State Line Road, Westwood Hills) — E-Crush. Chocolate, espresso, milk and ice at the happy intersection of a coffee and a milkshake.
4. Friendly Bean(420 NE Barry Road) — Iced Latte. The drinks here can be as sweet as the drive through worker (read: very, very sweet); but for those who forgo sugar, they also care about the coffee they're sending out the door.
3. Broadway Cafe (4106 Broadway Street) — Iced Coffee. Strong, but not bitter, home brewers and wanna-be coffee shop owners would be well served to grab a cup of this coffee and use it as a benchmark.
2. Oddly Correct (3934 Main Street) — Iced Coffee. One of the rare drinks in the city where milk and sugar are not only not needed, you won't even think to add them. See them at work in this recent video from Scout Visual.
1. Benetti's (6109 Blue Ridge Boulevard, Raytown) — Iced Americano — They'll ice a pour-over drink, producing a smooth iced coffee that is as great as the effort involved in making one. For those who don't want to mess with all that ice nonsense, the quad macchiato (four shots of espresso and half-and-half) will have your heart doing jumping jacks.