Overlooking the historic Delaware Crossing on the Kansas River, the stately Grinter Place was home to Moses and Annie Grinter. Visit the brick farmhouse, built in 1862. It is located near the site of Grinter's Trading Post, where he traded with the Lenape (Delaware) Indians. Annie, a Lenape, helped to farm, raise poultry and livestock, and plant an apple orchard. Today at Grinter Place, you'll see furnishings from the 19th century.

Reviews/comments

Subscribe to this thread:

Add a review


Roll over stars and click to rate.

Map

Nearby

Friends

Become a Friend

History

All contents ©2014 Kansas City Pitch LLC
All rights reserved. No part of this service may be reproduced in any form without the express written permission of Kansas City Pitch LLC,
except that an individual may download and/or forward articles via email to a reasonable number of recipients for personal, non-commercial purposes.

All contents © 2012 SouthComm, Inc. 210 12th Ave S. Ste. 100, Nashville, TN 37203. (615) 244-7989.
All rights reserved. No part of this service may be reproduced in any form without the express written permission of SouthComm, Inc.
except that an individual may download and/or forward articles via email to a reasonable number of recipients for personal, non-commercial purposes.
Website powered by Foundation