U.S. soldiers are committing suicide in record numbers, and the Army is struggling to fix the problem. This week's Pitch feature story, "Exit Strategy," looks at one solider who almost became a statistic.
Also, Martin covers MoDOT's shoddy maintenance of inner-city bridges. Ferruzza reviews Café Trio. And Buckle Bunny talks tour managing.
1. Lynn Jenkins' "hope" for change is white.
2. Living next to a Rockhurst frat sucks.
3. Riverfront Heritage Trail is pretty cool.
4. 26 homicides in KCK. 80 homicides in KCMO.
5. Urologists like Claire McCaskill. She also knows how to work a crowd.
6. The KCMO School District doesn't know how many people it employs.
7. Walt Bodine is still alive at 89.
8. Babies and hot dogs are a craptacular combo.
9. Texting and driving is illegal -- if you're under 21.
10. Joe the Plumber is coming to KC.
11. The health-care money behind Sam Graves and Dennis Moore.
12. Dead Ted Kennedy makes people sad.
13. Dog park debates are contentious.
14. Lil Wayne grabs his crotch a lot.
15. Honduras is a bad, bad place.
16. Kansas state Sen. Chris Steineger should take his grandfather's advice.
17. Roy Blunt is a turd clogging RNC Chairnman Michael Steele's crapper.
18. Independence has a lot of wannabe gangsters.
19. Michael Beasley needs professional help.
20. Wal-Mart is not a cyclist's best friend. But the mega-store is the shopping spot of choice of nearly shirtless men.
21. Rhiannon Ally left KCTV 5. I don't want to wake up anymore.