There are so many ways to bid this year adieu and get 2010 started off right. Our suggestions:
1. Go out! Duh -- it's New Year's Eve. And we rounded up a list of the best parties happening all over the metro tonight.
2. On Friday, nurse that hangover. For the last decade of January firsts, the Brick has provided some of the best hair of the dog therapy in the Crossroads. Other reputable places to get your greasy food fix will also be open on January 1.
3. Help beautify the city! Starting at 11 a.m. on Friday, volunteers will gather to plant tulip bulbs at 18th and Troost.
4. Bargain shop! This Saturday and Sunday, Urban Mining Homewares is having a clearance sale.
5. Go on a cheap date! Through the Movie and Meal deal, buy a matinee ticket to Duck Soup at the Tivoli and score a discount at a Westport restaurant this Saturday or Sunday.
For more weekend fun, see The Pitch calendar.