1. Watch the World Cup. The matches are showing all over the metro for the next month. See The Pitch's World Cup Soccer Bar Directory for your viewing options.
2. Give your sweetie flowers. Artsy Crossroads floral dealer Studio Dan Meiners holds a grand opening celebration starting at 11 a.m. today.
3. Set your sights on couture. Highly creative wearables wander the runway during the West 18th Street Fashion Show on Saturday.
4. Listen to jazz in the park. The third annual Kansas City Memorial Juneteenth Jazz and Arts Festival sets up at Mill Creek Park on Saturday.
5. Have fun, Filipino style. Fiesta Filipina happens all weekend in Overland Park.
For more fun diversions, see pitch.com/calendar.