If you're frequently a victim of second-hand embarrassment, you might want to steer clear of the RecordBar on New Years' Eve. (After all, you just might be subject to this.) The RecordBar is hosting Donkey Gong -- a '70s-style gong show that will award brave talent-holders cash prizes from $500 (first place) to $50 (third place).
Who will be judging (and gonging) this strange collection of acts that Kansas City will bring forth? None other than yours truly, along with fellow judges David Wayne Reed and Amy Farrand. So, do you want to face off against the strange talents of your peers, at the mercy of the mighty gong?
Check out more details after the jump.
Here are the rules:
MAKE IT THROUGH YOUR PERFORMANCE WITHOUT GETTING GONGED AND YOU WILL BE SCORED BY THE JUDGES. HIGHEST SCORE WINS. IN THE UNLIKELY EVENT OF A TIE, JUDGES WILL DEVISE A TIE BREAKER.
* MUST BE AT RECORD BAR BY 8PM SHARP
* IT CAN BE ANYTHING YOU WANT TO DO!
* THE CRAZIER THE BETTER, WE WANT OUT THERE STUFF!
* IF USING MUSIC, YOU MUST PROVIDE YOUR OWN MUSIC
* CD OR MP3 PLAYER
* MUST HAVE RECEIVED CONFIRMATION TO PERFORM
* CAN BE LESS, BUT NOT MUCH MORE THAN 5 MINUTES
* MUST BE ABLE TO SET UP AND CLEAN UP QUICKLY (A COUPLE OF MINUTES)
Sign up by emailing Bill Sundahl firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling 816.361.2455.
There will be more festivities after midnight: the Columns will play, with the help of Jamie Searle (singer and songwriter from It's Over!), David Wayne Reed, and more.